Friday 27 June 2008

Six months onwards

It's been ages since I last put something in my blog. Anyway I went for my 6th month assessment on 21st May (3 days after I did the 10km walk for the Ear Trust).

I was expecting to have some hearing tests but it wasn't today so they increased more volume in the speech processor as I could tell it was getting quiet. I was told that it would be at my 9th monthly assessment where I would have hearing tests!

Saw the speech and language therapist and congratulated her on the 10km run as she took part in it (her second time!) and we just talked and listened to what she had to say and I had to answer it. No problem there.

I haven't learnt any new sounds but am still struggling to hear what the children has to say... oh... I've now got a new job - I'm Assistant Lunchtime Supervisor at my youngest son's school. The children are lovely but when they talk, they don't look at me and it's hard but I'm learning to listen what they have to say.

Thanks for reading so far and will be in touch soon and won't leave it too long next time!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com).