Wednesday 13 August 2008

9th Month!

I once again returned to YCIS today for my 9th month assessment. This time I took my eldest son as he wanted to know what they do!

Firstly I did the decibels test and the average score was between 30 and 35 dB - much similar to the last one in February.

Next was Mr Truly Boring doing the lipreading and listening - WOW, I finally hit the 100% mark as I was aiming to get that as in Dec 07 was 97% and in Feb 08 was 99%! I knew I would get that 100% mark!

Without lipreading scored 64% - that is a huge jump as it was 40% in February. With background noise - again another huge jump - scored 43% (23% in Feb).

Here comes the tricky bit - the "one word" session - well in February it was 0% but today I couldn't believe it that I scored 33%. Didn't do the environmental sounds as he was happy that I scored 93% in February - son was a bit disappointed because he was looking forward to doing that!!

So the audiologist (Salim) was pleased with it and so was I..... just can't believe the high scores!

After this we saw Lynne the Speech and Language Therapist. She asked me a few more questions and was being videoed again. She's pleased with my new results and is happy and I didn't have to do any work today nor no homework was given today as there's nothing else I could do!

So went home on a happy note and I've spoken to Howie, mum and few friends and they cannot believe what I scored today and said that I've really improved a lot since November!

I don't need to go back till November when I have my first medical review with the consultant and then next August for the hearing test!

In overall I'm happy! And I've just given £425 to the Ear Trust today and there's more to come after Saturday's event. (I had already raised £201 online using Justgiving.com)

No comments: