Friday 31 October 2008

More News

On Saturday 25th October, I received a telephone call from my County Commissioner, Kath for West Yorkshire South County. Kath had just got back from her Executive Meeting at North East England Region (York) and said that I had been nominated and got elected to represent the Region on the CHQ Council (GirlguidingUK) as from May 2009.

I was stunned to hear that as I was thinking oh there'll be loads of people who will be nominated from the Region as our Region covers Northumberland, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Cleveland etc and was amazed that the Exec chose me!

So I'll be a great ambassador for the County and the Region when I start my new role next August 2009.

It has been an amazing year since I had the cochlear implant and have worked so hard on the Girlguiding side.... I obviously don't know what "no" means at the moment!!! As I'm always saying "yes, I'll do it"!!

No comments: