Thursday 1 November 2007

Two Weeks On

Hi, can't believe that it was two weeks ago since I had that operation to have the implant in my left ear! Where has the time gone?

I have been tired out lately trying to get back to normal as Howie returned to work earlier on this week and the boys returned to school after their half term. Last week was a great week, the boys were spoilt by their nan or grandma and dad of course! They went to see the new Disney film called Rataouille, went to Fleetwood and Blackpool and visited Harewood House where they had been making scarecrows!

While they went to Fleetwood/Blackpool, I spent a day at my mum's to chill out and went to see sister-in-law and nephew before they went to London.

This week was a shock as last week I was able to have some lie-ins but this week I had to get up early to get into routine so it has been a tiring week. I am taking a month off Guides as I felt that I wasn't ready to see them with one hearing on my right ear and when I get switched on as I wanted to try the new gadget out first before I meet any noisy crowds!

The scar is healing much quicker and I've been able to wash my hair normal now as for the first time it was like dried blood pouring down from my hair - in fact it was the iodine!! Oh the water was so filthy! The hair where it was shaved off is growing too so it's looking good.

Well, I have to wait for 13 days now and go back to YCIS for the switch on. I have chosen the model - MEDEL which is manufactured from Austria, I could only choose MEDEL or NUCLEUS FREEDOM (from Australia). There was no disadvantage or advantages between them and it was like 50-50 to choose so it was hard to decide!

News - the Bradford Lord Mayor has chosen "the Ear Listening Life Trust" as one of his charities this year/next year and they are hoping to raise £1.5m for this new centre. Here's the link:

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/display.var.1803831.0.lets_hear_it_for_all_those_wholl_help.php

if that doesn't work then use this:

http://urlx.org/thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/d3493

Thank you for reading this... I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Hi Rachel, I had a CI surgery too last 24th october and my activation is scheduled for 21th november!
So it looks like we have a week of difference.
I am very happy and I feel fine.
I hope you too
Roberta